Friday 18 April 2014

Day 45: Luminous Mysteries (Day 18 of Thanksgiving)

Hey everyone! I hope you are all experiencing a very blessed Easter Triduum. There are only 9 days to go after today...one more rosary novena! I am in a period of thanksgiving right now, but I am so very excited to see exactly how God will be working through these prayers and intentions that I have made.



* The Sign of the Cross

*Novena Prayer:
My dearest Mother Mary, behold me, your child, in prayer at your feet. Accept this Holy Rosary, which I offer you in accordance with your requests at Fatima, as a proof of my tender love for you, for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against your Immaculate Heart, and for this special favor which I earnestly request in my Rosary Novena: 

(Mention your request)

I beg you to present my petition to your Divine Son. If you will pray for me, I cannot be refused. I know, dearest Mother, that you want me to seek God’s Holy Will concerning my request. If what I ask for should not be granted, pray that I may receive that which will be of greater benefit to my soul.
 I offer you this spiritual “Bouquet of Roses” because I love you. I put all my confidence in you, since your prayers before God are most powerful. For the greater glory of God and for the sake of Jesus, your loving Son, hear and grant my prayer. Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.

*Hail Mary

* Thanksgiving Prayer:
Hail Queen of the Most Holy Rosary my Mother Mary, Hail!  At your feet I gratefully kneel to offer you a crown of roses, bright yellow roses, to remind you of the ministry of your Son -- each bud recalling to you a holy mystery; each ten bound together with my petition for a particular grace.

O Holy Queen dispenser of God's graces and Mother of all who invoke you! You cannot look upon my gift and fail to see its binding.  As you receive my gift, so you will receive my thanksgiving; from your bounty you have given me the favor I so earnestly and trustingly sought.

I did not despair of what I asked of you, and you have truly shown yourself my Mother!

* Pray the Rosary

*The First Mystery of Light
THE BAPTISM OF JESUS IN THE JORDAN RIVER

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and yet you are coming to me?" Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented. After Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
 Matthew 3: 13-17

Jesus’ public life begins with his baptism by John in the Jordan. John preaches ‘a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins’ (CCC, 535). Jesus, at Your Baptism, You remained open to the Holy Spirit and were filled with the power of God to being Your public ministry. Through my Baptism and Confirmation, may I remain ever open to the Spirit of God in my life.
Amen.

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of: OPENNESS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
I humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

*The Second Mystery of Light
 THE WEDDING OF CANA

On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine." Jesus said to her, "Dear woman, why do you involve me? My time has not yet come." His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you." Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used for Jewish ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim. Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet." They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now." This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed in Cana of Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him.
 John 2: 1-12

On the threshold of his public life Jesus performs his first sign – at his mother’s request – during a wedding feast. The Church attaches great importance to Jesus’ presence at the wedding at Cana. She sees in it the confirmation of the goodness of marriage and the proclamation that thenceforth marriage will be an efficacious sign of Christ’s presence (CCC, 1613). Mary, you know my needs and the needs of all your spiritual children so well. When lie is hard and I face a difficult situation, please pray to Jesus on my behalf. Help me to follow your counsel by doing whatever He tells me.
Amen.

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of:     DEVOTION TO MARY
I humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

*The Third Mystery of Light
THE PROCLAMATION OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD

“This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”
Mark 1: 15

Everyone is called to enter the Kingdom. First announced to the children of Israel, this messianic kingdom is intended to accept men of all nations (CCC, 543). Lord Jesus, You came as the Light into this world, proclaiming the Good News. With great boldness and power, You dispelled the darkness of sin, death, and the Evil One in the world. Help me to repent of my own sin and to trust more in You.
Amen.

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of: REPENTANCE AND TRUST IN GOD
I humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

*The Fourth Mystery of Light
THE TRANSFIGURATION

About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James with him and went up onto a mountain to pray. As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning. Two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared in glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. They spoke about his departure, which he was about to bring to fulfillment at Jerusalem. Peter and his companions were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him. As the men were leaving Jesus, Peter said to him, "Master, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters--one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."  But he did not know what he was saying. While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. A voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him." When the voice had spoken, they found that Jesus was alone. The disciples kept this to themselves, and told no one at that time what they had seen.
Luke 9: 28-35

For a moment Jesus discloses his divine glory, confirming Peter’s confession. He also reveals that he will have to go by the way of the cross at Jerusalem in order to ‘enter into his glory’ (Lk 24:26) (CCC, 555). Lord Jesus, You revealed Your glory to encourage the disciples to fix their eyes upon the hope of glory when faced with trials. Help me, Lord, to fix my eyes upon You in the glory of Heaven. Fill me with the desire to become a saint.
Amen.

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of: DESIRE FOR HOLINESS
I humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

*The Fifth Mystery of Light
INSTITUTION OF THE EUCHARIST

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body." Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it. "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them. "I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God."
Mark 14:22-25

By celebrating the Last Supper with his Apostles in the course of the Passover meal, Jesus gave the Jewish Passover its definitive meaning. Jesus’ passing over to his Father by his Death and Resurrection, the new Passover, is anticipated in the Supper and celebrated in the Eucharist, which fulfils the Jewish Passover and anticipates the final Passover of the Church in the glory of the Kingdom (CCC, 1340). Lord Jesus, as I am nourished by your Body and Blood in the Holy Communion, help me to be transformed more and more into Your image. And may I spend more time adoring You – Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity – in the Most Blessed Sacrament.
Amen.
   
I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of: ADORATION OF THE EUCHARIST
I humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

*SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
My Jesus, really present in the most Holy Sacrament of the Altar, since I cannot now receive You under the sacramental veil, I ask You, with a heart full of love and longing, to come spiritually into my soul through the Immaculate heart of Your most Holy Mother, and abide with me forever; You in me, and I in You in time and in eternity, in Mary.

*Prayer in THANKSGIVING
Sweet Mother Mary, I offer you this Spiritual Communion to bind my bouquets in a wreath to place upon your brow in thanksgiving for (specify request) which you in your love has obtained for me.

O God! Who’s only-begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the reward of eternal life; grant, we ask You, that, meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise.  Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
May the divine assistance remain always with us.  Amen.
And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen
Holy Virgin, with the loving Child, thy blessing give to us this day.

*HAIL HOLY QUEEN
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To Thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To Thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, Thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Oh clement, Oh loving, Oh sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, Oh Holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

*MEMORARE
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me.  Amen.

* PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL
St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the other evil spirits, who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

*The Sign of the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment